Sunday, May 31, 2009

State of the Student

Hello, there.  Apologies for the formless void which is this blog: I'm currently hacking my way through a howling jungle of final projects like Indiana Jones through some ancient temple digested by nature.  But alas! - a machete is of no use when confronting the workload of a film and video production major / creative writing minor at Central Washington University.  Though I love the ways in which incessant deadlines squeeze from me creativity I wouldn't otherwise have known I possessed, I can't wait to finish spring quarter and get back to work.  I love work.  When you work, you work and then you're done working for the day.  Schoolwork never ends (at least not for a perfectionist like me).  For the past two weeks I've pretty much slept every other night.  It's exhausting, yes, but exhilarating too.

In two weeks I'll be done with school until September.  Beginning soon, expect regular blog meditations on the art of storytelling and anything else which happens to pique my interest.  A study of cinematic villainy's been percolating in my brain for a while now.  I think I'll attempt to delineate characteristics indicative of a strong antagonist and then illustrate those characteristics through an examination of my twelve favorite villains in cinema history.

Hehehe ... I can't wait.  In the meantime, feel free to visit my slightly more philosophic blog at http://andun.wordpress.com.

Mmm ... right now I'm listening to a Gregorian choral rendition of "O Come O Come Emmanuel" in English.  And yes, it's eighty-nine degrees out.  Hey ... it's me!  ;-)

See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment